1. An eight week meditation course will cause the amygdala, associated with fear and other emotions, to shrink while the prefrontal cortex associated with awareness, concentration and decision-making, will thicken.
2. Jim Carrey’s childhood was flipped upside down when his father lost his job as an accountant. The family was struggling to make ends meet. The family had been living out of a van. Therefore, to help out, Jim Carrey quit school, as soon as he turned 16, and began working as a janitor in a factory.
3. If two pieces of the same metal touch in space they will permanently bond. This incredible fact is also known as cold welding and it happens because the atoms of two pieces of metal have no way of knowing they are separate. This doesn’t happen on Earth due to the air and water between the metals.
4. Muhammad Ali’s youngest daughter Laila, was also a professional boxer, undefeated with a record of 24-0.
5. More than 1/3 of the worlds commercial supply of pineapples comes from Hawaii.
6. Able to knock opponents out with either hand, Sugar Ray Robinson was very aware of his power. He actually tried to pull out of one bout after having a vivid dream of his opponent dying from a brutal punch he delivered. Finally convinced to fight, Robinson's opponent tragically died after being brutally KOd by a left hook.
7. Pablo Picasso carried a revolved loaded with blanks, which he would fire at anyone who asked him what his work “meant.”
8. According to the Centre for Retail Research, cheese is the most commonly shoplifted food in the world.
9. Mike Tyson was arrested 38 times before he was 13.